Monday, June 3, 2013

Gelli Print Background and Lady Violet Mixed Media Abstract Painting

Hello Everyone! Yes it's been a while since I've posted, but I have been creating quietly behind the scenes. Lately I've felt drawn to work more with faces and figures in my artwork. That of course means that I've been on several creative tangents exploring to see what my creative style might be with it all.

I was reading a blog post by the artist Tamara Laporte on her lovely blog about discovering your creative style. I love how she summed it all up for us creative types. You might want to hop over and read her post and the tips she shares about discovering and finding your creative style. I love how she acknowledges that it's OK to change your style and to immerse yourself into several creative ventures to discover more about your own personal style.

I've been playing with and loving my Gelli Plate and have had so much fun experimenting with it. I'll definitely be creating and exploring with this wonderful creative tool for quite some time I'm sure. If you aren't familiar with the Gelli Plate, here is a video from their site demonstrating just SOME of the creative possibilities.




I thought I would share one of my latest creations with the challenge being for me to use some of the Gelli Plate prints as backgrounds, various types of art media and to explore faces and figurative paintings. There are several that are almost finished but Lady Violet is pretty much done.

Lady Violet
Mixed Media Painting on 
140 lb Watercolor Paper

You can view Lady Violet Here as well as some of my other paintings for sale. She is painted on a background page created from a seed catalog and acrylic paints created on the Gelli Plate. I created Lady Violet (her name is inspired from some of the plant names on the background page) using acrylics, graphite, gouache, watercolor pencils and watercolor pastels, and water mixable oil pastels. I think she could possibly be one of the fairies that hangs out around my herbs and plants in the yard. :)

How about you? Have you been inspired by Mother Nature with any of your creative passions of late? 

I hope to be posting more of my works in process paintings with you soon! 

Blessings,
Itaya



4 comments:

Lisa Graham said...

Hi Itay,
it's good to see a post by you again and your Lady turned out so beautiful. Looking forward to seeing what's next! xo

Itaya Art said...

Thank you Lisa! Very glad you enjoy Lady Violet. :)

Anonymous said...

lovely

Itaya Art said...

Thank You! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails